Re: Misc.

  • Phyllis
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13 2:29 PM
      Hi Ken,
      These were further east. The best way if you were coming up the
      river would be to turn north at Roosevelt, and go up the Roosevelt
      Grade, and just about a mile past the Rabanco Landfill go right on
      East Rd. Just after that the road crosses a creek and goes back up on
      top you'll see a big wood corral on the corner and a road goes to the
      right. That's Six Prong Rd, but I don't believe there's a sign there.
      Anyway, just follow Six Prong Rd - it goes between a couple farm
      houses, up the hill and past an old cemetary, then a little farther on
      Whitmore Rd goes off to the left and it was maybe a mile past Whitmore
      Rd. that I started seeing the Curlews. As you go on down the road to
      where Hale Rd comes in (in the bottom of a dry creek), take a sharp
      right to stay on Six Prong Rd and you can stay on it till you get to
      Alderdale Rd and you're almost back to the river, another right and
      it'll take you right back to 14. Is that clear as mud? One doesn't
      think about these roads that you've traveled all your life till you
      try to describe them!! There are some gravel stretches, but it's all
      car friendly road.
      Hope you get a chance to see them.
      Phyllis

      P.S. I did see some up along Hale Rd. last year .