Other wildlife

  • John J. Hebert
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16 9:20 PM
      There are many signs of spring in Yakima:

      - My dog and I both picked up ticks yesterday on a
      brief walk thru a grassy field.

      - As Kerry often reminds us "birds don't read the bird
      books." I am here to tell you that "Western Rattlesnakes
      don't follow conventional wisdom." While birding at Wenas Lake
      on Monday a rattler past within 3 feet of me. When he
      finally sensed my presence he shook his ten plus rattles
      at me, but was in NO hurry to escape.

      Birders beware,

      John J. Hebert