Wood Ducks

  • ty604di@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi all ,

      We finally have many Mallards and even more Wood Ducks arriving each
      day . The Wood Ducks stand on the fence then fly to swiming pool that has a
      cover with standing water in it and enjoy a quick dip , a few Mallards do also .
      It is great watching such a sight from the living room window but when I take
      the cover off for the summer the standing water is alittle gross ...

      Diane Conrad
    • ty604di@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 14, 2005
        At lunch today two Wood Ducks have arrived , many to follow ...
        Diane Conrad
      • ty604di@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
          Haapy new year to all of you !!!
          Am still feeding the wild ducks , can`t even try to count them now
          ... The Wood Ducks have started showing up , there are at least 7 pairs a day ,
          one hen has the coolest coloring on her face , I always get the binocs out to
          see her , but the other morning I looked out to see what was there and she and
          three other pairs were on my deck next to the window cleaning up the corn
          that was near the food sack ... She has so much white around her cheaks and
          throat ...
          Diane Conrad at Terrace Heights Floral ' Hint Hint "
          Now you know where to get flowers !!!