Spring is on its way atop Rattlesnake Ridge!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2005
      Hi All,

      I heard my first singing Western Meadowlark of the spring this afternoon in the sagelands atop Rattlesnake Ridge. I also flushed a pair of Chukars, another sign of spring. Ten days ago, these birds were still in their winter coveys. Horned Larks have also set up their territories and sing a little, though these cool days are a bit of a damper.

      One of the biscuitroots (the tiny Gorman's) is in full bloom, but that's about it for the wildflower show.