Killdeer are back

  • Phyllis
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      This morning I heard, then saw 3 Killdeer swooping around over the
      pasture.

      Also, I have only seen 3 White-crowns this winter - 2 juveniles when
      it was snowy, and an adult last week.

      Had a Barn Owl screech at me last night from the tree by the house.
      I've been hearing them more this spring, hope they are recovering from
      last winter. Last spring and summer the pair that usually nested in
      the neighbors trees were not here.

      Phyllis, East of Grandview