Bear Gap Today

  • John J. Hebert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      Richard and I had the great pleasure of bumping into a PINE
      GROSBEAK at Bear Gap near Chinook Pass today. That would be
      Yakima County 2004 bird number 239! At least three individuals
      were seen at the pass and other Pine Grosbeaks were heard on the
      return to the car.

      If you should "bump" into any of the following uncommon birds
      over the next three short months please let me know. It would be
      greatly appreciated.

      Red-throated Loon, Pacific Loon, Yellow-billed Loon
      Green Heron
      Trumpeter Swan
      Surf Scoter, White-winged Scoter, Red-breasted Merganser
      Gyrfalcon
      Spruce Grouse
      Thayer's Gull
      Forster's Tern