Re: [BirdYak] Stilt Sandpiper

  • Kathleen Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2004
      Denny - thanks for your help! Hopefully I'll be able to get down there before the large group of shorebirds leave.

      I was at Ledbetter Point two weeks ago, and saw both a snowy plover and a black-bellied plover in full breeding plumage. I'd seen lots of the latter during winter, but never in the classy looking Black Tux! So -- I counted them as 2 new shorebirds for me this summer. Kathleen