Re: Red-necked Stint

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2004
      Chirp.

      John "Bird Dog" H. made the following comment:

      "I was previously called a Rufous-necked Stint."

      Coincidentally, the Red-necked Stint was also previously called a
      Rufous-necked Stilt.

      Personally, I have been called a lot of things. I once was called a "friend"
      of John's. That was before he didn't invite me to chase this Stint.

      There is a great photo of a Red-necked Stint on eNature.com. Personally, I
      think it looks like a Least Sandpiper wearing black hose that is embarrassed
      (hence the red or flushed face and throat) about having its beak shortened and
      straightened. But what do I know? Heck, if I had the money, I might have my
      prominent beak done. Not sure about the black hose though.

      The photo is excellent. E-mail me if you are unable to access it.