Black-crowned Night Heron on my yard list

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2004

      I was walking back from taking the garbage cans out to the street half an hour ago when two Black-crowned Night Herons flew over my house, calling several times. I rushed into the house, grabbed my "owling" light and ran out to the street. I got one of the night herons in the spot light for nearly ten seconds as it circled around my house another time. Needless to say, it called several more times, probably startled from the brightness of the light.

      I guess good things can happen when you do your chores.

      Yard bird #79.

      Denny

      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *