Re: [BirdYak] Curlew numbers

  • Michael J Roper
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2001

      Hi Scott,

      The Curlews usually feed under the sprinklers at Terrace Heights grade school. So far I haven't seen or heard any. I was attributing it to the fact that the irrigation system was not working. It sounds like there may be more to it than that.

      Mike Roper

      I’ve noticed many fewer Long-billed Curlews in the East Valley this spring.  In recent years it was impossible to be in the yard without hearing at least one or two calling and flying over their territories.  This year I’ve seen and heard a few birds calling, but none that appeared to be on territory.  Anyone else seeing fewer this spring?

      Scott Ray

      12200 Mieras Road

      Yakima