Banded Brown-Headed Cowbirds

  • Doris Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2004
      Hi Yakkers,
      A friend of ours called today to ask if we knew of
      anyone banding BHCBs. We said we would put out the
      question to our Yakkers and see what happens. He saw
      a male with a silver band on its leg.
      At the homestead, we have fledged all seven
      Mountain Chickadees, the Says's Phoebes have flown the
      nest. At last count we have 41 baby Swallows in all
      stages of development. A nest of House Wrens out back
      have also fledged. The Brewers Blackbirds are so
      numerous we can't count, and they have nests hidden
      everywhere. The Bluebird babys are getting good size,
      should be fledging soon. The bluebirds, Phoebes and
      Black birds all come when Larry whistles to signal the
      meal worms are being put out.
      The Grosbeaks are still here in record numbers ,
      hope they go up to nest soon--they're doing a lot of
      mating rituals, so it shouldn't be long. Then maybe
      the feed bill will go down!
      Larry and Doris Robinson
      Nile Valley

      http://messenger.yahoo.com/