Re: [BirdYak] A few early arrivals

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
      Bobby,

      Sure is. Enough data now exists to state the Western Scrub-Jay is slowly
      spreading north along the east slopes of the Cascades in Washington, as
      they are in the Puget Trough. In the fall of 2002, as many as 7 were seen
      at Fort Simcoe, but by the spring and summer of 2003, this group had
      dwindled and then disappeared from that area (as far as we know). There is
      still no evidence of breeding north of the Lyle area in the eastern Columbia
      Gorge, though I detect them often enough in Goldendale to make me wonder if
      they're established there. Evidently, there aren't many birders in that area
      to report on happenings.