Re: [BirdYak] Visit Your National Forest Camp Grounds - NOW

  • John J. Hebert
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2004
      The Loon was feeding on pine cones in the Haus Creek
      camp ground. A little bad birding humor.

      Actually, it was in gorgeous full breeding plumage on Clear
      Lake and was seen from the "Clear Lake Day Use Site"
      ("The Birds of Yakima County" First Edition, p 53).
      The asphalt "trail" is free of snow. You can walk most of it's
      length, with some blow-down in places. Great views of the
      lake from various locations at the Site. Take a lunch and
      enjoy the sun.

      Good hunting if you go up there,

      John J. Hebert
      Yakima, WA
      mailto:jhebert8235@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7, 2004

        John wrote "I am 'between jobs' and my grass is mowed, so I have lots of time
        on my hands to bird. If you are stuck at home or work and get tired
        of these reports you can tell your mail reader to filter out..."

        Personally, I find the recent rash of John's "big day" reports and Jeff's
        "lunch hour" recaps a bright spot in the BirdYak repertoire. Both guys seem to
        be on a quest possessed.

        To paraphrase Patrick Henry:

        I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give John and Jeffry
        or cancel the Internet!