Lewis Woodpeckers east of Yakima River?

  • Scott R.
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2000
      This is not a stunning observation, but I would be interested to know
      what others have found on this subject.

      East of the the Yakima River riparian zone and below the Canyon,
      Lewis Woodpeckers are quite uncommon. I find them occasionally east
      of the River in winter. A pair appears to have again taken up winter
      residence about 2 miles east of the river, within 2000 feet of the
      west end of Mieras Road. I first saw them again here yesterday.

      What have others found on this note?

      Scott