Bald eagle

  • deborahessman
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi Yakkers,

      On my way to work this morning there was an imm. bald eagle in the
      ditch on the No. 81 Road (between Lyons Rd and Brick Mill Rd)
      enjoying a road-killed fawn along with about 50 c. ravens.

      My feeders have been terrorized the last three days by an imm
      Cooper's hawk. It is very distinctly marked with white mottling on
      the back (more than I've seen before) and has a rounded tail and
      broad white terminal tail band. It does, however,also have a
      distinct superciliary line, but given it's size and other features
      I'm confidant it's a Cooper's. The sharpie that was around earlier
      has not been back. Too much competition? Am goldfinches are eating
      me out of house and home, no redpolls yet. Deborah from Ellensburg