Satus WLR Field Trip

  • Doris Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      Saturday, send brave souls trekked to the Satus
      WLR under the leadership of Gunter Hadersberg.
      On the way 53 American Pelicans were seen along the
      Yakima river.
      As the day was really warm, the trip was shorter than
      usual, but still 37 species were seen ( not counting
      an unidentified flycatcher)
      Among the more interesting species were Black Crowned
      Night Heron, Sora, American Bittern, Double-Crested
      Cormorant, Great Egret, and both Eastern and Western
      Kingbirds.
      Next year we'll be sure not to schedule this trip for
      a holiday weekend, so maybe we'll have a better
      turnout.
      Larry Robinson

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com