Greenway sightings

  • Betty Peterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      Today in midafternoon I took a very nice walk on the Greenway and saw 3
      Great Blue Herons, 2 Kingfishers and a fun-to-watch American Dipper in the
      Naches River. It was just east of the north 16th Ave. parking lot having a
      great time in the river. I've had a pair of fox sparrows to enjoy under a
      juniper tree here at my home in Cowiche Canyon, scratching up the soft
      mulch.

      Betty Peterson
    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7 1:54 PM
        Hi yakkers,

        I spent the whole morning walking around the Greenway, basically from
        Sarg Hubbard Park to the Arboretum. I was excited to spot a single
        Pied-billed grebe with my scope. It was swimming in pond that is
        closer to the park.

        I stopped by the osprey nest and spotted a single juvi standing. When
        I came back from the Arboretum, I noticed that the osprey was flying
        around the pond. I then heard a Great Blue Heron. It stood in the
        pond as well. The heron was so noisy. When the osprey flew back to
        the nest, I set my scope up to see what happened and saw that it was
        eating a fish.

        All in a days work,

        Elizabeth