Possible Palm Warbler

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2001
      Yakkers,

      This is a report from visitors passing through the Yakima area:

      In spite of your good directions, we were unable to find the Long-eared
      Owls---and the Optikas' have not seen them lately either. However, as we
      were driving from E'burg to Yakima on the N Wenas Rd we did find a Western
      Palm Warbler. My directions are a bit strange because having just come from
      VA I was unaware that it was such a good bird in winter in Yakima, and so I
      wasn't really paying attention. We had just passed a sign that said Wenas
      Saddle Club--everyone welcome, or something to that effect, and so I
      thought we were in the town of Wenas, but apparently one does not exist, so
      I think we were in Selah. We were on the N Wenas Rd, turned right and
      pulled into a drive to look at a feeder. There was the Palm, bopping around
      in and out of several plastic garbage cans. It is the first house on the
      right so on the corner of the mystery street and N Wenas Rd. The next cross
      street was Ranchette(closer to Yakima). Date was Tues, Jan 23, about noon.

      Have just returned home from a week on the road, but Bill Tweit and Ken
      Knittle wanted me to tell you. Saw them on the 3 Albatross pelagic! Sorry
      to be so late with the info. We all three are pretty familiar with Palm
      Warblers...

      Kristin Stewart