Soaring of west end of Rattlesnake hills

  • Paul Huffman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2001
      Has anyone else noticed all the soaring raptors this morning and
      yesterday morning off the west end of Rattlesnake Hills in the Gap? I
      suppose they like this inversion breaking up and the favorable lapse
      rate encourages them of their perches and into the air early in the
      morning. And they have an early weak west wind to give them some boost
      of ridge lift. I zoomed by on the highway, and this morning they were
      way high. Bald Eagles, redtails, but maybe some more interesting.
      Somebody who's not late for work should check it out. Were those ospreys
      back already, or just those dull gulls?