South Greenway

  • Kathleen Ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2003
      On Saturday, a short walk on the southern end of the Greenway (accessed from the Union Gap Mall exit from I-82) included lots of calling red-winged blackbirds, a mature bald eagle, several calling spotted towhees, and most surprising -- a pair of hooded mergansers (in the pond right near the parking lot). Assorted others (song sparrows, yellow-rumped warblers, black-capped chickadees) were abundant. -- Kathleen Ross