Scott-no apology neccessary

  • deborahessman <essman@elltel.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1 4:56 PM
      I thought I'd better weigh-in on the whole Arctic loon controversy.
      As promised, I signed up for "Tweeters" the other day so I wouldn't
      be bothering you Yakkers all the time for information. The very
      first e-mail I received was from someone having a very bad-grammar
      day who totally dissed the whole sighting. My first reaction was,
      thank god I never said I saw the bird, then I thought-what is this,
      full-contact, x-treme birding at it's worst? I, personally, was
      thrilled to see the yellow-billed loon (which, by the way I never
      would have seen if I hadn't accidently run into Scott and his friends
      at the dam, and they graciously let me and my visiting niece and
      nephew look through their scope). If you don't go look for yourself
      you'll never know, and the hunt is half the fun. Anyway, I leave the
      final decision (re: rare bird ID) to the experts, and Scott was
      certainly very forthright in his descriptions. If I ran down there
      half-cocked (no pun intended) then it was my decision. We need Rich
      to bring us a little levity--got any good holiday birding
      stories? Deborah in E-bird (And P.S. Scott, don't
      feel bad, you should hear about my whole lesser nighthawk travesty--I
      had one good bird in my yard and it went to my head.)