9770Re: [BirdYak] Costco Mew Gull Continues

  • Kevin Lucas
    Jan 23, 2014

      About 10 minutes ago the Mew Gull flew off to the WSW. I'll kep watch for its return until noon.
      Good birding,
      Kevin Lucas
      Yakima

      On Jan 23, 2014 11:30 AM, <Rich712@...> wrote:

      Chirp,

      Kevin Lucas relocated the Costco pond Mew Gull that Denny Granstrand reported yesterday.  The gull flew in a bit after 9 am (I think) and was still loafing on the water and/or shore around 11 am when I departed.  Most of the Thursday morning Poppoff walkers abandoned the weekly walk to dash over for a look.

      The gull has 100 Mallards, nine American Wigeon, and seven Scaup for company.  Scaup are tough for me and I couldn't be sure that the whitish one was indeed a Greater.  The Scaup Denny photographed yesterday may not have been present.

      Poppoff Puffer...hard for an old, arthritic, overweight guy to "hustle" off the gravel trail to the parking lot for a short drive to Costco!
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic