9627YVAS Fieldtrip to the Lower Grand Coulee on November 9th

  • Scott Downes
    Oct 18, 2013
      Yakkers,
      I will be leading a field trip to the Lower Grand Coulee on Saturday, November 9th. We'll do a quick stop at Vantage to scope the waters of the Columbia before traveling to areas like Soap Lake and all the way to Coulee City. These alkaline lakes can hold numbers of Eared Grebes and Ruddy Ducks. They also have a pattern of having good birds like scoters and Long-tailed Duck in early November. A stop at Sun Lakes State Park may yield some interesting passerines as well. Raptors such as golden eagles use the massive walls of the Coulee and species like Gray-crowned Rosy Finches are also possible.
      Full day trip. Meet at 7am at Bi-Mart in Yakima to Carpool. Expect to be back in Yakima around 6:30 in the evening. Email me to sign up or for questions. If planning on driving, please bring your discover pass.

      Scott Downes
      Yakima WA
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic