9618Westport Photos

  • magicman32@rocketmail.com
    Oct 16, 2013
      Hey all,

      I have my Westport photos from a few weekends ago on my Flickr page if anyone is interested. Highlights TWO were Great Shearwaters and a Snowy Plover, but there were many other good birds as well. I got some pretty good photos! Also on there are recent yard sightings of mine which include 2 Hermit Thrush, an Evening Grosbeak (which is obliterating my sunflower in the feeders), and 10 or so other yard birds, and photos from last winter's Arizona trip, which includes photos of Phainopepla, Verdin, and other Southwest specialty birds. Sorry for not reporting any bird sightings from my yard recently, since my last summary post, I've had a very out of place CANYON WREN, two PEREGRINE FALCONS (which were dive-bombing migrating Vaux's Swifts forced down to lower altitudes by a massive storm), Vaux's Swift, Horned Lark, Horned Grebe, Lincoln's Sparrow, Western Sandpiper, and American Pipit. Some pretty good birds in my opinion!

      Thanks! Eric