9088Re: Ferruginous Hawk Black Rock Valley

  • kevinslucas
    Mar 13, 2013
      Today I watched a Ferruginous Hawk from Suntargets Road. Other raptors included Bald Eagles, Red-tailed Hawks, Northern Harriers & Kestrels.
      Suntargets Road is a smooth gravel road that goes south from Highway 24 at milepost 14. I drove in about 3/4 mile to a pulloff at a high point, where it afforded a great view with the sun at my back. Thanks to John Hebert for showing me that spot.

      eBird Checklist:

      Kevin Lucas
      Yakima, WA

      --- In BirdYak@yahoogroups.com, Scott Downes <downess@...> wrote:
      > There was an adult ferruginous hawk hunting the shrub-steppe north of Mp 23 on Hwy 24. It flew to the north over the ridge. This was about 12:30.
      > Scott Downes
      > Downess@...
      > Yakima WA
      > Sent from my iPhone