8860Need Turkeys?

    Dec 28, 2012

      I spent this fternoon from 2 to almost 5 along North Wenas Road from lower
      Hardy Cyn. entrance west up to pines shy of Ellensburg Pass.I was especially
      targeting pygmy ow or goshawk, both of which would be year birds for my
      Yakima County list. Neither obliged but I saw turkeys, 32 in three groups!

      California Quail 10
      Gray Partridge 2 Wes Hazen's fields.
      Wild Turkey 32 Group of 8 on ground at Mt. Vale Rd. Group of 19 at dusk
      in cottonwoods 100 yards downstream of lower Hardy Cyn. entrance. Group of 5
      at dusk in tall trees around bend west from Wenas Lake.
      Golden Eagle 1
      Bald Eagle 3
      Red-tailed Hawk 3
      Great Horned Owl 2