      From: kevinslucas <vikingcove@...>
      To: BirdYak <BirdYak@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Fri, Dec 28, 2012 10:52 am
      Subject: [BirdYak] Re: Bully robin:)

      In the past few weeks I've not seen nor heard flocks of Cedar Waxwings at the Yakima Arboretum. From a couple of recent visits to Elmwood Cemetery in Toppenish it's clear to me that a place can have a huge flock, then none in a half hour, but I'd come to expect to see waxwings at the Arboretum on nearly every visit.
      I see on eBird that a large flock was sighted recently near 60th Avenue & Walnut.
      Can anyone share insights into what inspires their local patterns of movement -- temperature, snow, fruit crops, juniper berries (like at Elmwood), whim?

      Thanks,
      Kevin Lucas
      Yakima, WA
      #AOLMsgPart_1_94d32d99-0568-45be-b110-d5832fa993ac td{color: black;}