7995Fwd: Yakima a top award winner in Audubon Photo Contest

  • Rich712
    Jan 1, 2012

      I think Jeff intended the following for all Yakkers though it apparently only came to me.

      That photo of the Northern Pygmy Owl was taken at the "woodpecker pond" along
      the Middle Fork Ahtanum Creek where I used to take folks during my annual
      woodpecker field trip. The owl was nesting in one of the abandoned Hairy
      Woodpecker cavities in an aspen tree that I monitored during my research.
      Congrats to Paul for the winning photo!.

      Happy New Year, Yakkers!

      Jeff Kozma

      Yakima (terrace heights)