      From: Scott Downes
      To: tweeters@... ; inland-nw-birders@...
      Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 5:26 PM
      Subject: Sentinel Bluffs-Potholes 9-1-08

      Birded Sentinel Bluffs near Mattawa this morning and then headed towards Lind Coulee and Perch Point on Potholes Reservoir. Lots of good migrants. Nothing super rare, but several fairly notable sightings.

      Bar-14 Ponds, Ellensburg:
      2 Red-necked Phalarope

      Ginko Overlook, Vantage:
      6 Bonapartes' Gull

      Sentinel Bluffs, Mattawa:
      1 RED-EYED VIREO, very crisp looking bird complete with bright greenish back and yellowish wash to flanks and undertail coverts.
      Cassin's Vireo-1
      Warbling Vireo-30+
      Townsend's Warbler-8
      Yellow Warbler-4
      Orange-crowned Warbler-10
      Yellow-rumped Warbler-Many
      Red-breasted Nuthatch-6
      Olive-sided Flycatcher-1
      Dusky Flycatcher-1
      Hammond's Flycatcher-2
      Swainson's Thrush-1
      Western Tanager-6
      Chipping Sparrow-1 juv.

      County-line Ponds, Hwy. 26:
      Very slow, 2 Baird's Sandpiper was all the shorebirds other than Killdeer that I could muster

      Lind Coulee, Potholes-
      Lesser Yellowlegs-3
      Baird's Sandpiper-4
      STILT SANDPIPER-10

      Perch Pt, Potholes-
      Baird's Sandpiper-6
      Pectoral Sandpiper-1
      Western Sandpiper-50
      Semi-palmated Sandpiper-6
      Greater Yellowlegs-3
      Spotted Sandpiper-1
      Wilson's snipe-3

      On Potholes itself was a feeding flock of 20+ Terns. Those that I could ID were all Common Tern, some were too far away to ID. No Jaegers seen.

      A nice day to be out.

      Scott Downes
      downess@...
      Yakima WA