4530Re: [BirdYak] 2nd Red-breasted Sapsucker in Yakima

    Jan 1, 2007
      Hi John and other newcomers,

      The Tahoma Cemetery lies between about 18th Ave. and 24th Ave. and
      midway between Washington Ave. and Nob Hill.

      To access it from 16th Ave: turn west on Tahoma Ave., which is the
      second street going west from 16th Ave. north of Washington. You
      enter the cemetery as you pass 18th Ave. The sapsucker is in the fir
      trees that line the entrance road after you pass 18th Ave and before
      you come to the first intersection of the cemetery roads.

      If you enter the cemetery from 24th Ave, you turn east off 24th Ave
      at the entrance that has the most impressive set of gates, which I
      think are the only ones open. There are three entrances for the
      cemetery; enter at the middle one. The Catholic cemetery on the
      north side of Tahoma doesn't count.

      The sapsucker seems to be staying at the west end of the fir trees
      that line the east entrance road. It is the only road in the
      cemetery that has fir trees on both sides of it, with each tree
      planted exactly across from the tree on the other side of the street.

      I hope this helps.

      (A Great Horned Owl is calling close to my house as I write this.)

      Denny

      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *
      * dgranstrand@... *
      * Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
      http://granstrand.net/gallery/
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic