2065Re: [BirdYak] Townsend's Solitaire

  • Michael J Roper
    Feb 3, 2004
      I had one in my Mountain Ash tree yesterday. It was the first time I've
      noticed one in my yard. I've probably been passing them off as Robins.
      I've also had a White-throated Sparrow at my feeder recently, another
      yard bird 1st. I've probably beed passed them off as female white crowned
      sparrows. I guess it pays to look a little closer sometimes.
      Mike Roper
      Terrace Heights

      On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:16:12 -0800 "Scott Downes" <downess@...>
      writes:
      > Yakkers,
      > Sitting at the computer working at home just now had a Townsend's
      > Solitaire
      > fly into the tree in the neighbors yard and perch on top. Forgive me
      > if I'm
      > still learning bird abundances in the county, but seemed unusual to
      > me for
      > the city in the winter and checked Andy's book and listed at
      > uncommon/rare
      > in the winter. Nice bird anyhow to brighten up a computer work
      > session.Our
      > neighborhood is off 16th and Summitview for those interested.
      >
      > Scott Downes
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic