1476Pelicans

  • Sue Ericksen
    May 1 5:59 AM

      Bill & I saw about 24 American White Pelicans flying over I-82 just north
      of the Wapato exit yesterday. What a gorgeous sighting.

      As Andy noted, the Bank Swallows have returned. The Sunnyside Irrigation
      District destroyed all of last year's nests and they are having to rebuild.
      The good news is that there appears to be more room for them to build in.

      We saw our first House Wren April 14. That's the earliest ever. Our
      earliest date prior to that was May 8. A second wren showed up yesterday.

      "Our" Red Tails hatched about a week ago and we finally saw a chick.

      Our Kestrels are expected to hatch in a few days.

      The White Crowns are still hanging around.

      Sue
      Sawyer
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic