1245TWR

  • Kerry Turley
    Dec 29, 2002
      Date: December 29, 2002
      Location: Yakima County, Washington

      Yakkers,

      My usual Sunday morning trip to the Toppenish Wildlife Refuge, including
      Pumphouse Rd., to Mud Lake, back to Lateral "C", to Charlie's Pond, back to
      Marion Drain Rd., to Old Goldendale Rd. to Pumphouse Rd. to Hwy 97.

      Most impressive sighting was the dozens of Yellow-rumped Warblers that the
      storm must have blown in at Lateral "C" and Toppenish Creek. The trees were
      crawling with them.

      I too have noticed the sudden appearence of Varied Thrush, there were
      several at the refuge headquarters today and I saw 6 or 7 at the State Park
      on Huntzinger Rd. in Kittitas Co. yesterday. ( Yes, I chased the
      Yellow-billed and the Arctic Loon yesterday ;-).

      Birds seen (in taxonomic order):
      Great Blue Heron
      Canada Goose
      Gadwall