10135Re: [BirdYak] Hummingbird Nest! [1 Attachment]

  • A. Kidd
    Jul 25 9:16 AM
      That is a great photo.   Thank you.

      From: "laker32@... [BirdYak]" <BirdYak@yahoogroups.com>
      To: BirdYak@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:00 PM
      Subject: [BirdYak] Hummingbird Nest! [1 Attachment]

      We had went to Central park in Sunnyside, we headed to a quiet place in the middle of the park. I had been taking photos of plants and insects. Then one of my siblings had spotted a hummingbird flying near what looked like a bunch of debris on a branch, then it had landed in the debris which was actually a nest. after a few minutes another hummingbird came and chased the original out of the nest. I had thought the original hummer might be a youngster. If it was a youngster, it had very good "wings". I got photos of what looked like a black-chinned hummingbird in its nest. I thought this might be rare to find a nest since Andy's book states that he hadn't seen a nest all his life. I put some photos into the groups photo stream.

      Birds seen:
      Cooper's hawk
      Black-chinned hummingbird?
      American crows