10127Re: Pine Siskins in our yard!

  • Eric Heisey
    Jul 14, 2014
      Karen and all,
      Before I left for a Spokane baseball tournament over the forth of July weekend, I had two Pine Siskens fly over my house and had a calling Cassin's Finch that gave me great looks in my elm tree. Shocking birds for early July, but my theory is that since they've been in the mountains all winter, they could have started nesting earlier than normal, therefore having young earlier in the year, therefore starting migration earlier. It's an interesting sighting and of note. Sorry for the lateness of my report, I've have veeeeeery little time lately between work, baseball, and New York! I'm currently sitting in a New York airport after a fantastic young birders event!

      Eric

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic