10115Western/Clark's grebe

  • bazinga1006
    Jul 5, 2014
      On the way to yakima I noticed a Clark's/western grebe on the Parker freeway ponds. I didnt get a good look at the bird itself although I did get to see its head and neck well. I had an excellent view of its neck region in fact. Although it was only about 5 seconds I got to see many details. I looked on ebird and noticed the Clark's grebe is much rarer in the yakima county than the western. It had what I call a small "hood" above the eyes. I was wondering if that makes a great difference between species.Nick Mejia Mabton WA
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic