10108Bobolink update

  • Jan Gano
    Jun 30, 2014
      Well, the Bobolinks (2 males) arrived in late May. They have spent the past 5 and a half weeks wondering around lower lateral C on both sides of the road. They are working hard to defend small territories. Unfortunately, we have yet to observe a female Bobolink this year. That is not good news. However, last year, one female eluded detection by us until July 9. So, it is still possible that a female will turn up.

      If anyone sights a female Bobolink on Lateral C in the next couple of weeks, please post the sighting to Birdyak and/or shoot me an email.

      Thanks

      Jan Gano
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic