Bill Morrissey in Paris and Brussels

  • ParispAlbis
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2005
      Hello, two absolutely wonderful shows by Bill in Paris and Brussels,
      different settings, different audiences, different set lists but equally
      powerful and brilliant performances.

      He has performed a bunch of new songs,sometimes even for the very first
      time, which proves how good he was feeling. These new songs are great, like
      Kansas City. Can't wait to hear them on CD!

      I knew Bill was a talented songwriter, I now know he's a wonderful person.
      Hangin' out with him was a treat from A to Z. Never a dull moment!

      I can't access my web site these day, and pictures will be posted later

      Back from my cloud...

      Paris, la Pomme d'Eve, 04/14/05

      Inside, Just today, Barstow, Holden's Blues, Robert Johnson, Shake that
      Thing, He's not from Kansas City (He just blows that way), Last day of the
      last Furlough, Long Gone, The new Walking blues, Birches

      I ain't walking, Just before we lost the war, Payday, Hansome Molly, Candy
      Man, Different Currency, Memphis Tennessee, 23rd Street, Letter from Heaven,
      Ice Fishing, Boston Eyes, Don't Think Twice
      Encores: Louis Collins, These cold fingers

      Brussels,Toogenblik,04/15/05
      Inside, Just today, Barstow, Holden's Blues, Shake that Thing, Robert
      Johnson, As long as the sun, Fifty, Dangerous Way, Avalon, Off White Dress,
      Birches

      Just before we lost the war, I ain't walking, Handsome Molly (story about
      Suzanne Vega playing drums and hilarious impersonation of Muddy Waters
      playing Luka to the tune of Mannish Boy: "My name is Luka, spell L,U...."),
      Fix your hair, Hot Times in the Old Town, You'll never get to Heaven, The
      new Walking blues, He's not from Kansas City (He just blows that way),
      Boston Eyes, Candy Man, Up on the CP Line, Don't Think Twice

      Encore : Louis Collins

    • Ron Mura
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2005
        Hervé,

        Thanks for your report on the shows, and for helping to make the
        shows happen.

        What were the audiences like in Paris and Brussels? Were they
        already familiar with Bill's music?

        Ron

        On Sunday, April 17, 2005 at 5:04:13 AM, ParispAlbis (parispal75@...) wrote:

        > Hello, two absolutely wonderful shows by Bill in Paris and Brussels,
        > different settings, different audiences, different set lists but equally
        > powerful and brilliant performances.
        >
        > He has performed a bunch of new songs,sometimes even for the very first
        > time, which proves how good he was feeling. These new songs are great, like
        > Kansas City. Can't wait to hear them on CD!
        >
        > I knew Bill was a talented songwriter, I now know he's a wonderful person.
        > Hangin' out with him was a treat from A to Z. Never a dull moment!
        >
        > I can't access my web site these day, and pictures will be posted later
        >
        > Back from my cloud...
        >
        > Paris, la Pomme d'Eve, 04/14/05
        >
        > Inside, Just today, Barstow, Holden's Blues, Robert Johnson, Shake that
        > Thing, He's not from Kansas City (He just blows that way), Last day of the
        > last Furlough, Long Gone, The new Walking blues, Birches
        >
        > I ain't walking, Just before we lost the war, Payday, Hansome Molly, Candy
        > Man, Different Currency, Memphis Tennessee, 23rd Street, Letter from Heaven,
        > Ice Fishing, Boston Eyes, Don't Think Twice
        > Encores: Louis Collins, These cold fingers
        >
        > Brussels,Toogenblik,04/15/05
        > Inside, Just today, Barstow, Holden's Blues, Shake that Thing, Robert
        > Johnson, As long as the sun, Fifty, Dangerous Way, Avalon, Off White Dress,
        > Birches
        >
        > Just before we lost the war, I ain't walking, Handsome Molly (story about
        > Suzanne Vega playing drums and hilarious impersonation of Muddy Waters
        > playing Luka to the tune of Mannish Boy: "My name is Luka, spell L,U...."),
        > Fix your hair, Hot Times in the Old Town, You'll never get to Heaven, The
        > new Walking blues, He's not from Kansas City (He just blows that way),
        > Boston Eyes, Candy Man, Up on the CP Line, Don't Think Twice
        >
        > Encore : Louis Collins

      • ParispAl75
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2005
          Hello Ron,and everybody,

          <Thanks for your report on the shows, and for helping to make the shows
          happen.

          As I said after the show,I had waited ten years for that show to happen! I
          would like to publicly thank Ellen for her help.

          <What were the audiences like in Paris and Brussels? Were they already
          familiar with Bill's music?

          Audiences were different in Brussels and Paris, both equally calm, but maybe
          Paris knew the songs better. People had requests (Letter from heaven, 23rd
          sreet, Robert Johnson, my own was Different Currency). In Brussels, when
          Bill asked if people had requests,no-one answered, except for that German
          guy who had seen Bill on his first eurotour last century! and who requested
          You'll never get to Heaven;-)

          The Paris show took place in a dark 12th century cellar (older than Notre
          Dame!) hence a very intimate show, very quiet. Brussels was also quiet, lots
          of lights on the stage and in the venue. Both places had equally great
          bars:-)

          I was very luck to hang out with Bill for a few days, driving to Brussels
          with him, playing guitar (next time any of you sees Bill perform, ask for
          any Tim Buckley song!), talking literature and taking guitar lessons ("Open
          D 101", with Mr Bill).

          But Bill thought my French name did not sound good, so he called me Hank!
          And my wife Joelle became Jolene!

          So you guys know just about everything about Paris! But I'll bet we'll find
          more later in a couple of songs...

          hAnk :-)