Re: [Bioethics] [wta-talk] Stupidity should be cured, says DNA discoverer (fwd)

  • uudre@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      <So they get rid of the original 10% they say are stupid, wait a decade or
      two, say well let's get rid of that next 10% who used to be considered
      relatively intelligent to the original 10%...etc...etc.

      I asked my husband 'so who do we end up with'...he said 'with them' (meaning
      annoying people like Singer and Watson...who of course, will never be in any
      of their measures of lower anything!)>

      Hi,

      This reminds me of the discussions in theological seminary of "predestination." Us students referred to the belief as that of "The Frozen Chosen." Why?

      It is the philosophy that before you are born it is already determined whether you are going to Heaven or Hell after you die.

      I have never even once encountered a seminary teacher believer in it who also thought they themselves weren't part of the Heavenly-bound group.

      I always thought the predestinationist teachers would have had a lot more credibility with my student crowd then if even just one had been as sure that they themselves were destined for Hell as they were that "the frozen chosen" existed.

      Funny how those determining out-groups that can be discounted never seem to be members of those same groups.

      RevRus
      uudre@...