Re: [Bioethics] Digest Number 708

  • Jackie Leach Scully
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      on 1/2/02 9:54, Bioethics@yahoogroups.com at Bioethics@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > Community email addresses:gwolbrin@...
      > Post message: Bioethics@egroups.com
      > Subscribe: Bioethics-subscribe@egroups.com
      >
      > Shortcut URL to this page:
      > http://www.egroups.com/community/Bioethics
      >
      > There are 5 messages in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >

      > From: Diane Maroger <DMaroger@...>
      > Subject: A Tall order
      >
      > Actually, Arte (the franco-german cultural tv channel) aired that doc. as
      > well as "Breathing Lessons" I believe the person who wrote that "tall
      > order" is in germany, so mabe they could order it from Arte.

      Well no, the person with the Tall Order is in Switzerland, a small country
      which gets very twitchy when people confuse it with Germany, much like
      Canada/USA and NZ/Australia.....;)

      But we do get Arte so i could try there.

      Meanwhile, can I thank everyone for their many responses to my original
      request. Lots of ideas and even offers of tapes -- let's hope at least some
      of them were legally made. I won't have the opportunity to use everything
      this time but I hope to bring snippets into the discussions about informed
      consent, the history of bioethics and why we can't rely on doctors being
      nice, and especially on attitudes to normality and medical restoration
      thereof. It'll be interesting to see how they respond, particularly as some
      are medics and some not.

      Thanks again, everyone,

      Jackie

      --

      Dr Jackie Leach Scully
      Arbeitsstelle für Ethik in den Biowissenschaften

      Avoid the flourish. Do not be afraid to be weak. Do not be ashamed to be
      tired. You look good when you're tired. You look like you could go on
      forever.

      Leonard Cohen