PharmedOut Conference June 14-15: Missing the Target
- Alliance for Human Research Protection (AHRP)
Advancing Honest and Ethical Medical Research
MISSING THE TARGET is the theme at the forthcoming timely conference by PharmedOut, which will be held in Washington DD, at Georgetown University next week, June 14-15.
- Rita Redberg, MD, Editor-in-chief, Archives of Internal Med
- Carl Elliott, MD, PhD, Author, White Coat, Black Hat
- Kay Dickersin, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
- Susan Wood, PhD, George Washington University
- Sean Flynn, JD, American University
- Joel Lexchin, MD, York University
- Barbara Mintzes, Therapeutics Initiative
- "The Underuse of Classic Drugs"
- "Are Medical Devices and Drugs Adequately Regulated?"
- "Protecting Patients in Industry-Funded Trials"
- "Risks of Cardiovascular Devices"
- "Cancer Risks from CT Scans"
- "Pharmaceutical Marketing and Adverse Health Outcomes"
PharmedOut is a Georgetown University Medical Center project that advances evidence-based prescribing and educates healthcare professionals about pharmaceutical marketing practices.
Do consider attending. There are so few dedicated advocates working to educate the public by disseminating non-commercially tainted information about vital healthcare issues that affect our lives.
For more information go to: http://pharmedout.org/index.htm