EPC - update - Oct 22, 2008

  • Alex Schadenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2008
      Jean Echlin, the past vice president of the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition and a Canadian palliative care pioneer has written an excellent article entitled: "Death With Dignity or Obscenity". This article was specifically written with the hope that it is read by voters in Washington State. The PDF of Jean Echlin's article is attached to this email update. Death With Dignity or Obscenity can also be downloaded from our website at: www.epcc.ca

      The Coalition Against Assisted Suicide in Washington State continues to need your financial support. Recent polls show that Washington State voters do not strongly support the I-1000 assisted suicide Initiative. The Coalition Against Assisted Suicide needs your financial support to buy and pay for TV advertising. Go to www.noassistedsuicide.com to learn more about the needs of the Coalition Against Assisted Suicide.

      The Second International Symposium on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide will be near Washington DC on May 29 - 30, 2009. Plan to attend.

      The Turning the Tide DVD continues to be ordered from the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition. The Turning the Tide features people who would be directly affected by legalizing assisted suicide. It also features Wesley Smith, Bobby Schindler and others. Order the Turning the Tide DVD for $50 per DVD package or 4 DVD packages for $100. Call 1-877-439-3348 or email: info@...

      For people who like to send out beautiful Christmas Cards and who are wanting to support the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition, we are once again selling Classic Art Christmas Cards. This is our largest fundraiser of the year. Order by going to: www.classicartchristmascards.com or call us at: 1-877-439-3348.

      The recent blog entries at www.alexschadenberg.blogspot.com include Derek Humphry's irresponsible comments about obtaining lethal drugs from Mexico, the recent conflict over Philip Nitschke promoting suicide in the UK and many more important comments and information.

      The Euthanasia Prevention Coalition is great need of donations. We have been significantly effected by the economic downturn whereby the larger donor appears to be less willing to support important causes. We would be forever grateful to all those who support our work.

      Alex Schadenberg
      Euthanasia Prevention Coalition