ICU Execution Orders

  • Ironsides
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2008
      Message

      Two cases in two locations at the same time! Bare in mind that these are only cases which get a little attention.

      In this blog post I include two incidents which happened to me when I was a kid, in surgery, and another case of a close friend.

      The two current cases illustrate how euthanasia terrorists don't care about your age. They could maybe say the man in Winnipeg is too old to make a big deal over saving him, and that really is the doctors' attitude.--However, what about Javona Peters? What is the big hurry to kill her off? Obviously, they think she is too young to live her life "disabled"!

      These doctors need to be stripped of power. Doctors need to respect the decisions of competent decision-makers, whether it be the patient's wife/husband/parent, a family member who rejects the execution, or an outside decision-maker appointed by the court or government for the sole purpose of deciding such difficult cases.

      If such a decision-making authority had existed, Terri Schiavo would be alive today and living her life, like the other people who have recovered from botched murders.

      I think that the USA, Canada and other nations should be forced to hire Disabled People, people who have been born and grew up with severe disabilities but who are educated and qualified to know the difference between really "terminally ill", and disabled.

      Even inside the circles of people who only develop disabilities from accidents or injuries during their life, sometimes have the "quality of life" mechanism which makes a few think that a line has to be drawn, to determine how disabled is too disabled to escape being terminated. Believe me, I'm the most guilty person there is. During the Sue Rodriguez affair, I was sucked in to the big lie, that the pretend-to-be Right-to-Die movement were concerned only about terminally ill people.--Wow! Did you guys ever dig dirt out of my eyes!

      So, Disabled People for such a job need to be people with a good open mind. For patients who cannot communicate, don't have any other guadian and never had anything in writing to be represented, unless the patient is terminally ill, it would be safer to defend treatment until they can re-locate from the ICU to a long-care facility.

      When doctors pull out the idea of "intolerable pain", all of us who had to endure years of surgery have more authority and experience than any doctor, whether pain is an acceptible excuse to kill somebody.

      In view of the number of revived cases from PVS and coma the past few years, I think the "Futility Law" needs to be struck down.

      Ironsides
      (514)-585-6265
      http://groups.msn.com/IronsidesWorldHeadquarters/_homepage.msnw?lc=1033
      http://ironsidesworldheadquarters.blogspot.com/