"MDOT doesn't seem to have thought through that. The traffic calming ends, the cyclists are dumped into accelerating traffic, and God only knows what hope wegeoffreygee
"Studies have shown" that the mere presence of cyclists on a road has a traffic calming effect, even when they have their own space. That's all well and good,d_salovesh
It's definitely not a bike lane, it's a shoulder. Why police would refer to it as a bike lane is a mystery, there are no bike decals or bike signage. Thehzitomer
Welcome to the BikeWashingtonDC Group!
This is the discussion area for BikeWashington.org
Members can post any questions or comments regarding recreational bicycling in the Washington DC area. Also, check out the calendar for information on local biking events.
- Recreation & Sports
- Jan 28, 2002
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.