RE: [BikeWashingtonDC] Bike Route from Rockville Maryland to Tysons Corner Virginia

  • Monte
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2007
      Oh, and I didn't come up with the NBT-CCT connection, I tweaked this a
      little: http://www.bikewashington.org/commute/bcct/south.htm -- see
      generally http://www.bikewashington.org/trails/index.htm

      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2007
        Once you get up the hill on 41st, in Virginia, after you cross the ChainBridge

        Make a left on Randolph Street

        Until you get to Richmond Street

        You'll see an overpass above North Glebe Road

        Go on that overpass

        You'll be on Old Glebe Road

        Stay on Old Glebe Road until you hit North Glebe Road again (at the big church)

        Make a left Stay on North Glebe Road

        Until you hit Williamsburg Boulevard where you make a right

        After Westmoreland you'll go under a bridge (the Metro Orange line)

        Then it'll become Western Street North

        Stay on Westen Street North until before you hit Leesburgh pike / Broad Street(highway 7) you'll cross a bike trail, if you're at the 7-Eleven you've gone too far

        Make a right on that bike trail, it will take you to Tysons Corner

        LIVE_THE_DREAM

        rootchopper <rootchopper@...> wrote:
        I hope you are both strong and fearless. You'll need to be strong
        because 41st is incredibly steep.

        As fro fearless, I don't know if you want to come down Seven Locks.
        You might be better on Falls Road to MacArthur. The roads to and
        through McLean to Tyson's are narrow with minimal shoulders and heavy
        traffic.

        I recommend scouting out routes on a Saturday on your bike or in a
        car.

        Good luck.

        --- In BikeWashingtonDC@yahoogroups.com, "nkeenan633" <nick@...>
        wrote:

        > Your biggest obstacle is the Potomac, and you'll have to cross at
        > Chain Bridge.
        >
        > I'm familiar with the area around Chain Bridge, not so much
        Rockville

        http://www.arlingtonva.us/Departments/EnvironmentalServices/dot/planni