Road Bikes

  • pagrl07
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
      Ok, I am ready to get lots of input here. I am purchasing a road bike
      and want some opinions regarding brands and types. While the biking
      world seems to think my budget is low, I only want to spend up to
      $1300. Based on test rides, I am pretty sold on the women's models.

      I narrowed my choices to the following:

      Bianchi Eros Donna
      Trek 1600
      Giant OCR or TCR

      I eliminated the lower-end Specialized models and have not had the
      time to really test ride Cannondale, but I might be interested. I am
      also interested in other brand suggestions. Unbiased reviews would be
      appreciated.

      Also, if anyone has recommendations regarding shops in the NOVA/DC
      area that would be great. You can email me individually if you would
      like.

      Thanks.
    • Michael Plakus
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2007
        You didn't mention what type of riding you planned to do. I ran this
        survey back in 2004 whose results surprised me enough to realize you might
        be assuming that road bikes have only one purpose.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
          http://www.wikihow.com/Buy-a-%241000-Road-Bike

          Found this link on how to buy a $1000 Road Bike by following links on the
          WashCycle Blog http://www.washcycle.typepad.com/