Lost Blossom Tour is on--10 AM this morning

  • Geof Gee
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 4:54 AM
      We are meeting at the intersection of Independence, Ohio Drive, and
      Rock Creek Park. Everyone is welcome to join us.

      -Geof
    • mah_e
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 7:33 AM
        Hey everyone, I have a great idea...:).... Is there a T-Shirt with the "BikeWashingtonDC.com" or something like that?... with big letters so they can be spotted readily?.... would not that be great? At least on a day like today?

        :)

        Happy Cherry blossoms day!

        I will be there.. somewhere.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1 12:08 PM
            Thanks for link but the shirts I saw are not exactly what I had in mind. I mean is ok to have variety but the one I am thinking of would be for SPECIAL DAYS like today or tomorrow with cherry trees reaching their peak and others like the 4th of July, etc.

            The logo could use a little more design (snappier), bigger, so that one could see it clearly from a distance (or recognize it, thus the design must be unique) and 3rd, it should be uniform (the colors could change), but the design itself (and it must have bike in it) should be unique, letters should be black I think.

            The idea is that as one is pedaling along one could spot someone with the same shirt at a distance or coming toward you, or passing you. It's certainly a shirt I would not wear all the time, as I enjoy quiet and privacy most of the time, but sometimes on especial days like this weekend or 4th of July, I would not mind putting it on and be more social minded.

            Now, I could make my own design (not sure I can legally) but since I would be the only one with the shirt, that really would not accomplish the objective.

            Anyway, just an idea.

            See ya

          • mah_e

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1 1:08 PM
                Now see, I like the classic understated elegance of the BW t-
                shirts. It's timeless style says your an enthusiast, but doesn't
                scream "look at me!"

                Wouldn't you really want a jersey -- with a more technical fabric
                when you ride. That's where you make your bold statement, with
                bright, vivd colors and a striking, "jaw dropping" design.
                RB

                --- In BikeWashingtonDC@yahoogroups.com, mah_e <em22153@...>

              • lauren@bikewashington.org
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1 8:32 PM
                  Right. And it sounds like you're pushing for a bike club shirt. We're not a bike club and we try make a point to point that out....

                  Besides, Cafepress allows the design and creation of items free of charge. We're at their mercy of the merchandise for sale.

                  -Lauren