4th Annual Mike Plakus's Birthday Ride (41)

  • Michael Plakus
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2 11:07 AM
      Finished the scouting run this afternoon and it's now official:

      Oct 22 at 9:00am is the time and date for the 4th Annual Mike
      Plakus's Birthday Ride. This year I am changing the tradition of
      riding my age to riding 100 minus my age so the route needs to be at
      least 59 miles long. I have put together a route that will take me
      from my home in Landover Hills to lunch at dockside in Annapolis and
      back. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BikeWashingtonDC/files/CUE%
      20Sheets/

      For those who would like a slightly shorter route I am planning to
      pick up riders at New Carrollton Metro 30 minutes into the ride.
      Starting and finishing at New Carrolton will shave about 9 miles off
      your ride.

      For those who want to ride the full route use
      http://maps.google.com/maps?
      q=3836+Devil+Tree+Ct,+Landover+Hills,+MD&spn=0.018425,0.034491&hl=en
      to get to the ride start.

      Please RSVP to grendel at bikewashington dot org so I know how many
      to expect.

      PS--Raindate is Oct 29.