RE: [BikeWashingtonDC] Re: [More] Bike community question
- I thought MORE did something like this at Schaeffer (or maybe it was the Bike Lane). Great MTBing, road riding, picnic facilities out there. Maybe it was a demo day or something similar. Either way, Schaeffer would be a great spot to hold this.
BusinessEdge Solutions, Inc.
(202) 345-3478 - Mobile
[mailto:BikeWashingtonDC@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of bowmandj@...
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 2:03 PM
To: firstname.lastname@example.org; TFKMETRODC@yahoogroups.com;
Subject: [BikeWashingtonDC] Re: [More] Bike community question
I think this would be fun. There should be food involved, perhaps a potluck thing like MORE does.
Ideally you'd need a location that:
- is close to a mountain bike trail
- is close to a good road riding route
- supports rides of different distances and skill levels
- has an area for selling stuff
- has an area for sitting around and eating and talking. Maybe BBQ facilities.
- has an area for skills rodeo and stuff
There must be a park or two in the area that would suffice.
From: bikerboynv <chowderbutt@...>
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; TFKMETRODC@yahoogroups.com; more@...
Sent: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [More] Bike community question
I am trying to get feedback on what kind of event
would bring the DC bike community together? I kow a
ride duhhh but then you get either the roadies, or mt
bikers and usually exclude the casual riders if it is
long. I think it would be great to have a get
together where the riders and industry folks could sit
around chat, buy and sell things and maybe have some
events like bike rodeos and skills courses, maybe tire
changing contests. Arrange some rides terminating
from the location (both Road and Mountain)make it
family friendly type of thing. I was hoping that I
could turn the trips for kids swap meet into this
altruistic type of FESTIVAL event but was looking for
info on what it would take to interest folks to come
to such an event? All ideas appreciated.
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
More mailing list
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Yahoo! Groups Links