Re: [More] The Tour Baby!!!

  • Annec34@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 29, 2005
      I'll be there!

      Here is the posting that they put out for the showing. And they are also
      having a live OLN showing of Stage 15! It should be a blast and if raises funds
      for LAF!

      You are cordially invited to join us at an incredible LAF Charity Benefit and
      Tour de France kickoff party hosted by filmmaker Scott Coady!

      On Thursday, June 30, filmmaker Scott Coady is bringing his World Tour to the
      Arlington Cinema N’ Drafthouse for a showing of his hit film The Tour Baby!
      AND as a special treat, he will also be sneak-peeking his latest film about his
      adventures following Paris-Roubaix. Both on the big screen!

      We would love to make you an important part of our evening. Buy your tickets
      now at BikeReg.com (search "The Tour Baby!"). You can also get event details
      and go right to the BikeReg event registration from:

      http://www.route1velo.com

      We will be raffling and silent auctioning items from Trek Bikes, Nike
      Cycling, OLN, Castelli, Shimano, Giro, Profile Design, Oakley, LAF, Kreitler Rollers,
      Koobi Saddles and many more. Check out the list of items at
      http://www.route1velo.com!

      All ticket and raffle proceeds go to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation.
      We know this event will be a huge success thanks to each of you who are
      willing to be an amazing part of this worthy cause.

      ALSO,
      We just inked a deal with OLN to bring YOU the Tour live on the big screen
      for Stage 15 to Plat-d'Adet!! This very cool event will again be held at the
      Arlington Cinema 'N Drafthouse, early morning Sunday July 17th.

      All proceeds will co-benefit the LAF and the DPF. Davis Phinney and Scott
      Coady will be at the Tour de France together working their Tour bike tours Baby!

      Your morning will include breakfast, plenty of raffles and silent auction for
      signed items, a rockin DJ, and...

      Davis and Scott will pull a winning ticket "LIVE from the Tour de France" for
      someone in attendance to win a signed Lance Armstrong and Davis Phinney
      cycling jersey. A one of a kind collectors piece for the lucky winner. Raffle
      tickets will be limited to 300 and the ticket price will reflect and include one
      raffle ticket per person.

      This event will sell out FAST, so those that commit for the June 30th Tour
      Kickoff Party charity benefit will be able to buy Stage 15 tickets NOW to secure
      their spot, before they are available to the general public starting July 1st.

      Anne Mader

      In a message dated 6/29/2005 12:12:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      annelbv@... writes:
      Who's going?

      http://route1velo.com/index_content.asp

      Anne V

      Anne Mader
      Owner
      The Bike Lane
      9544 Old Keene Mill Road
      Burke, VA 22015
      http://www.thebikelane.com/
      info@...
      703-440-8701

    • Jonathan Krall
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 29, 2005
        I should add that I look like this guy
        (http://www.dcsma.org/jk2001.jpg) so please say hello
        if you spot me.

        Jonathan
      • bowmandj@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
          I'm going.

          (Due to a last-minute cancellation from the friend who was going with me, I'll be solo. I'm wearing a red and white striped shirt and khaki pants. Someone please say hi to me!)

          Debby

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
            eeks its sold out!!! Any scalpers out there???

            Yahoo! Sports
            http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
          • Deborah Kosnett
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
              Hi, Debby, I didn't see this message, so didn't know
              to look for you! ;-)

              I chronicled the event in my blog (almost didn't make
              it to the showing, for reasons explained . . .).

              http://dgk.typepad.com/carbon_fork/

              The other Debbie

              ---------------------------------

              Sport
              bike Washington dc
              area Recreation

              Washington dc
              Sports

              Terms of Service.

              ---------------------------------

              Drop the Fork: www.dropthefork.net
              Carbon Fork: http://dgk.typepad.com/carbon_fork/

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • bowmandj@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
                I lucked out -- Scott Scudamore had a last-minute change of plans and was able to attend, so he was my date for the evening.

                And here's my review of the movie: Two thumbs up -- way up!!! It was very funny, and there really was some great behind the scenes footage. I think my favorite parts were the tasting of the Cofidis feed-bag contents (*after* it was run over by a car), the cameos from Phil and Paul, and the official Tour motorcycle drivers hanging out drinking wine. (And the shot of Frankie Andreu with his shirt off, but that's a personal obsession. There are also lots of babe-shots for you those of you who go for that kind of thing.)

                I highly recommend this film. You can read more (and buy one) at:

                http://www.thetourbaby.com/

                All proceeds go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

                --- bowmandj@... wrote:

                ---------------------------------
[...]

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Deborah Kosnett
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
                  Debby, I also loved the smashed feedback scene.

                  I also noticed an overabundance of blonde French
                  chicks . . . hmm. Wonder why? lol

                  Debbie

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 1, 2005
                      Nothing wrong with them, other than there's quite an
                      abundance of them (as I have noted from previous trips
                      to Paris).

                      I was toward the back, in the middle.

                      D.